Benefits of the course
- To enhance skills in interviewing vulnerable and intimidated witnesses with the guidance framework
- Describe key development theories which may have an impact on a child witness
- Outline the requirements for support and preparation of the witnesses
- Understand the different questioning and cognitive techniques
- Develop a strategy for planning and coordination interviews
- Understand the emotional impact of the work and identify support systems
- Understand how trauma caused by abuse can have a significant impact on the interview process
- Understand the importance of conducting pre-interview assessments
- Have knowledge of the Codes of Practice for victims
This five day course is aimed at qualified social workers, police officers, armed forces and immigration officers who may come into regular contact with vulnerable and intimidated witnesses and victims.
This course has a significant practical element to ensure delegates are competent to assess and interview witnesses and victims.
It is desirable that Delegates have prior occupational knowledge regarding safeguarding adults and/or children before attending this course.
Who The Course is For
Course Aimed at – Police Officers,Social Workers, Armed Forces
Laptop with audio and video access is required for all virtual training.