This is an important role as identified by Keeping Children Safe in Education (2021) and Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018). This training course will equip those undertaking the function with the competencies to carry out the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead within primary and secondary education establishments.
Duration – 2 x Day Course
(09.30AM – 16.00PM)
Next Course Date –
JUNE 2022 – 28th & 29th June 2022
Course Aimed at – Those undertaking the role of DSL in Education
Cost – £250.00 (+ VAT)
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the Safeguarding Designated Lead / Officer according to Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
- Recognise the importance of a “Child Centred Approach”
- Understand and be able to write a safeguarding action plan with SMART objectives
- Describe the key legislation and guidance that determines your organisation’s policy for child safety and welfare
- To describe risk and how to manage it within safeguarding
- To be able to identify contextual safeguarding and respond to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
- Recognise the importance of having an effective supervision policy
- Know how to respond effectively when a child reports abuse
- Use professional Identify good recording practice when a concern has been raised
- Judgements to make decisions using partnership threshold tools and assessments
- To explore the meaning of grooming and how it happens
- To know how a child protection conference can be run and how to prepare for it
- To understand the actions required in workplace allegations including low level concerns
- Understand the importance of Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews and the impact on your organisation
The role of a Designated Safeguarding Person was specified in the Children Act of 2004 and ensured that every organisation had a named person for safeguarding children and young people. The Designated Safeguarding Person has a responsibility at both strategic levels within the organisation and on a day-to-day basis. This course will equip delegates with the skills to undertake the role.