A bespoke course tailored to your interests, covering online Safeguarding.
Ofsted Inspections – now include online safety in inspection frameworks. The course will equip Designated Safeguarding Leads and teachers to understand current issues, law and strategies around technology and online Safeguarding.
Duration – 2/3 Hours (flexible)
Next Course Date – Throughout February 2021
Course Aimed at – Professionals & Education Establishments
Cost – Upon request
- Increase your knowledge of current technology platforms and their use (both good and bad) by adults, children, and young people
- Review current trends and research to understand in more depth a variety of Safeguarding issues involving the use of technology
- Sexting and Pornography, focusing on practicalities and consideration of planning for the new Sex and Relationships legislation
- Understand Ofsted expectations (Online Safeguarding) during inspections
- Develop a fuller understanding of KCSE and RSE as they relate to the subject in schools and education settings
- Understand Professional and personal integrity in the online space and how to protect yourself and your establishment
- Develop strategies to engage all staff in a holistic and open conversation approach to Safeguarding and the child’s online world.
- Know how to respond effectively when a child reports abuse
- Recognise that children with disabilities are more likely to become victims of child Abuse and that this can be reflected in the online world
- Resources – Utilise a range of free or low-cost resources for your setting and receive pointers to recognised and respected National and International tools to support online Safeguarding in education settings
Our Online Safeguarding course is led by a former Police officer, who has been working with schools since 2004. The course aims to provide all education staff with a practical, engaging presentation on the current issues around Online Safeguarding. This is followed by breakout scenarios in groups which aim to share attendees experiences, and, using incidents based on real-life cases provide all with useful tools and strategies to achieve the best outcomes for those facing challenging online situations or questions.