This course is designed to provide an awareness for those professionals and volunteers who have contact with children /and or adults and are required to know their responsibilities under the Prevent Guidance and legislation.
Duration – Half day
Next Course Date – Upon Request
Course Aimed at – Education, Health, Police, Prisons, Probation services and those frontline organisations who are in contact with children and adults at risk of harm.
Cost – Upon Request
This course can be delivered as a Workshop, Classroom style or Virtual Live Online Training.
- Develop your expertise and professional judgement to recognise children, young people and adults who may be vulnerable to radicalisation
- Recognise the risks both at a local and national level
- Gain a raised awareness of the key issues and how these can be tackled by all agencies to keep your organisation safe and prevent terrorist activity
- Be aware of the meaning of the ‘Pre Criminal Space’
- Understand the role of the channel programme
- Identify the importance of a prevent lead within your organisation
- Know how to report suspicious activity
- Understand the recruitment process of vulnerable individuals
- Understand your role and responsibility regarding Prevent Guidance and legislation
This course will provide delegates with an understanding of the meaning of Extremism, Radicalisation and Terrorism, what the key stages are of Contest and the Prevent strategy are.
Delegates will understand the importance of recognising key signs and indicators that individuals are either at risk or displaying signs of being radicalised.
The course will focus on sector roles and responsibilities linked to legislation and prevent guidance.
Practical exercises within the course will help delegates understand the radicalisation process and the dangers of stereotyping.