This Safeguarding Adults Level 4 course is aimed to increase the knowledge of lead professionals in the workforce. For those who have particular responsibilities to undertake investigations in relation to Section 42 of the Care act 2014 and the co-ordination and assessments of Adults with Care and Support Needs.
Duration – 2 x Days (09.30AM – 16.00PM)
Next Course Date –
MAY 2023 – 22nd & 23rd May 2023
JULY 2023 – 13th & 14th July 2023
NOVEMBER 2023 – 13th & 14th November 2023
Course Aimed at – Lead professionals for Safeguarding Adults at risk of harm in Health, Local Authority, Education, Police
Cost – £275.00p.p (+ VAT)
This course can be delivered as a Workshop, Classroom style or Virtual Live Online Training. Please contact us for bespoke training.
- Be confident in using professional judgements to make decisions a to whether an Adult with care and support needs is at risk of abuse or neglect or has suffered abuse or neglect
- How to take emergency action
- Have an advanced understanding of the Mental Capacity Act 2005/2019,Safeguarding Adults legislation and guidance, information sharing, information Governance and Consent
- Be able to lead/oversea safeguarding adults enquires
- To understand how to undertake and contribute to Serious Adult Reviews
- To be able to implement and audit the effectiveness of safeguarding services on an organisational level against current national guidance and quality standards
- Understand the importance of Safeguarding Supervision
- Be able to conduct a training Needs Analysis
- Understand the investigation procedures and information required in abuse and neglect of adults
- Recognise duties under the Duty of Candour
This Safeguarding Adults Level 4 course is designed to build on the knowledge of lead professionals involved in safeguarding Adults at risk of harm, who may be involved or asked to lead an investigation regarding the abuse or neglect of an adult at risk of harm.
Delegates will explore the importance of the six statutory principles of Safeguarding adults and how this provides an important framework when working with adults.
Best practice will be built upon around Complex decisions such as Best Interests decisions, advanced decisions and capacity to consent.
The course will use a combination of delivery styles through facilitated discussions, practical exercises and assessments to ensure lead professionals are confident in carrying out this role.