This CPD Accredited programme is a Safeguarding Children Awareness Course (formerly referred to as Levels 1/2).
Duration – 4 Hours
Next Course Date – Coming Soon
Course Aimed at – Anyone working with children
- Understand what Safeguarding Children means and the key differences between Safeguarding Children and Child Protection
- To be able to identify the Categories of Abuse and the indicators of child abuse
- To learn about the appropriate responses when you have concerns about a child and how to record them
- To be confident on how to report concerns
- To understand our responsibilities regarding the need to review the circumstances after a report has been made to ensure the ongoing safety of the child
- Understand the importance of keeping the child in focus when making decisions about them and their families, ensuring our approach is Child Centred
- Be aware of the need to think about the whole family when a safeguarding concern is recognised
Formerly Levels 1 & 2, the levels have been combined for cost effectiveness while maintaining appropriate competency standards. All adults who come into contact with children in a professional or volunteer capacity must demonstrate competence at this level.
A CPD certificate is issued after successfully completing this course.
The aim of this course is to provide an awareness of child safeguarding and confidence to report matters through identified routes. It centres upon the safeguarding areas of recognising, responding, recording, reporting and reviewing.
In addition, you will learn about the importance of protecting the rights of children and how critical partnership working is.