With so many sporting activities taking place outside of the school setting, more and more children are now undertaking these activities in clubs run mainly by volunteers. This course is designed to outline the key responsibilities in this area to ensure children enjoy the sport in a safe safeguarding environment. Ensure you know how you help to be Safeguarding Children in Sport.
Benefits of the course
- The Children Acts of 1989 and 2004 Safeguarding and Child Protection Defined
- The categories of abuse and significant harm, to include indicators
- When and how to make a safeguarding referral
- The importance of identifying poor practice
- Defining structure within sport
- The importance of policy and implementation
- Position of trust and coaching
This bespoke training session will allow participants to build upon their existing child safeguarding understanding and will explore in further detail the Child Protection Process. It will provide both theoretical and practical practice to allow all those involved in sport to increase their knowledge and effectiveness.
See Topics Covered
Who The Course is For
Course Aimed at – Coaches and club officials in all sports
Laptop with audio and video access is required for all virtual training.