The aim of this Safeguarding Managers Level 5 course is to provide managers with an understanding of their roles and responsibilities for Safeguarding Children and Adults at risk of harm.
Duration – Three Modules
Next Course Date – Upon Request
Course Aimed at – Professional advisers, named, nominated and safeguarding designated officers for child and adult protection and /or their deputies, in all services operational managers including practise supervisors frontline and operational managers
Cost – £375 exc VAT
- To understand undertake the strategic management of safeguarding within the organisation to include; Supervision, management oversight, strategic professional leadership, influence improvements and internal audit systems
- To be able to monitor services to ensure adherence to legislation policy and key statutory and non statutory guidance
- To be able to oversee adult and child safeguarding quality assurance an improvement, to include learning from case reviews
- The importance of being able to resolve professional disagreements – escalation and whistle blowing, promoting peer challenge
- Evidence of how patients, service users, carers and customers are involved in safeguarding activity
- Managing risk- to include to be able to provide an evidence base for decisions around investment and disinvestment in services to improve safeguarding
- Effectively working with partners on complex case incidents and being aware of key national issues
Safeguarding is a critical role for all mangers. This Level 5 Safeguarding course will provide you with theoretical skills but also includes a case exercise to put the learning into practice. With managerial knowledge, organisations will be better equipped to protect children and adults at risk of harm.