This course is designed to provide the skills and tools necessary to provide staff with 1-1 supervision and group supervision. The focus is on safeguarding children and adults, staff wellbeing and organisational safeguarding responsibilities.
Duration – 2 x Days (09.15AM – 16.00PM)
Next Course Date(s) –
NOVEMBER 2021 – 29th & 30th November 2021
MARCH 2022 – 10th & 11th March 2022
JULY 2022 – 6th & 7th July 2022
NOVEMBER 2022 – 17th & 18th November 2022
Course Aimed at – Those with oversight of safeguarding and protection within their organisation including: Designated Safeguarding Leads, Designated Safeguarding Officers, Named Professionals, Managers
Cost – £250.00 (+ VAT)
Difficulty – Intermediate
Materials Provided – Framework for delivering supervision within your organisation including a policy framework, recording sheets and hints and tips sheets.
- Identify challenges which impact on staffs’ safeguarding responsibilities.
- Identify aspects of the supervision process to respond to challenges
- Recognise how supervision can reduce the impact of stressful situations
- Identify key elements for providing supervision within your organisation
- Recognise how supervision can promote wellbeing of both service users and staff.
- Identify and practice strengths-based skills which enable respectful supervision sessions
- Identify and practice supervision frameworks (1-1 and Group supervision).
Serious case reviews across Childrens and Adults services have shown the importance of effective staff supervision. Enabling your staff to make complex decisions, whilst coping with increasing demands, is key to helping them protect and provide the best service for their service users.
This course provides you with the skills and tools to provide support for staff, identify professional development to help in their responses, mediate between competing safeguarding demands and provide management oversight for the important work they do.
This course is delivered in line with the statutory supervision requirements of Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018), Keeping Children Safe in Education (2021), Safeguarding Children and Young People: Roles and Competencies for Healthcare Staff (2019) and Adult Safeguarding: Roles and Competencies for Health Care Staff (2018).