This course is designed to equip all members of school staff, including volunteers, with understanding their role and responsibility towards contributing to a whole school safeguarding culture as per ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ statutory guidance.
Duration – 2.5 x Hour Course
(09.30AM – 12.00PM)
Next Course Date – (Virtual via Zoom)
FEBRUARY 2023 – 21st February 2023
MARCH 2023 – 23rd March 2023
APRIL 2023 – 24th April 2023
MAY 2023 –18th May 2023
JUNE 2023 – 20th June 2023
JULY 2023 –10th July 2023
SEPTEMBER 2023 – 4th September 2023
OCTOBER 2023 – 17th October 2023
NOVEMBER 2023 – 23rd November 2023
Course Aimed at – Schools/Education
Cost – £85.00p.p (+ VAT)
Please contact us for bespoke training options should you wish to book the course solely for your organisation/school.
This course can be delivered virtually via Zoom or as a Workshop or Classroom style session.
- To understand the terms, Safeguarding and Child Protection
- To be able to explain significant harm and the types you may see in children, including female genital mutilation.
- To identify the importance of thinking family and being child centred
- To explore the meaning of child exploitation and identify the types.
- To know about grooming and the different phases.
- To understand what to do if a child discloses and what to record
- Legislation & Procedures
- Safeguarding Children
- Child Centred & Think Family Approach
- Child Protection
- Barriers to Disclosure
- Domestic Abuse
- Information Sharing
This introductory awareness course will ensure that all members of school staff have a clear understanding of their responsibilities to ensure the safeguarding of all children in their setting in accordance with ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’ and other legislation & guidance that underpins this responsibility.