This course is designed to equip all members of school staff, including volunteers, with understanding their role and responsibility towards contributing to a whole school safeguarding culture as per ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020’ statutory guidance.
Duration – 1/2 Day Course
Next Course Date – N/A
Course Aimed at – Schools/Education
Cost – Please enquire for Multi-agency pricing &/or Bespoke pricing
- To understand the terms, Safeguarding and Child Protection
- To be able to explain significant harm and the types you may see in children, including female genital mutilation.
- To identify the importance of thinking family and being child centred
- To explore the meaning of child exploitation and identify the types.
- To know about grooming and the different phases.
- To understand what to do if a child discloses and what to record
- Legislation & Procedures
- Safeguarding Children
- Child Centred & Think Family Approach
- Child Protection
- Barriers to Disclosure
- Domestic Abuse
- Information Sharing
This 1/2 day course will ensure that all members of school staff have a clear understanding of their responsibilities to ensure the safeguarding of all children in their setting in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (2020), Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018) and other legislation & guidance that underpins this responsibility.