Benefits of the course
- To understand the terms, Safeguarding and Child Protection
- To be able to explain significant harm and the types you may see in children, including female genital mutilation.
- To identify the importance of thinking family and being child centred
- To explore the meaning of child exploitation and identify the types.
- To know about grooming and the different phases.
- To understand what to do if a child discloses and what to record
- Legislation & Procedures
- Safeguarding Children
- Child Centred & Think Family Approach
- Child Protection
- Barriers to Disclosure
- Domestic Abuse
- Information Sharing
This introductory awareness course will ensure that all members of school staff have a clear understanding of their responsibilities to ensure the safeguarding of all children in their setting in accordance with ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’, ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’ and other legislation & guidance that underpins this responsibility.
See Topics Covered
Who The Course is For
Course Aimed at – Education professionals
Laptop with audio and video access is required for all virtual training.