The Lockdown period took its toll and impacted everyone in some way.
Are we aware of the Impacts of lockdown on the mental health of children and young people?
Whilst some children and young people probably enjoyed being off school during Lockdown. there will have been those who struggled. Not being able to see friends and teachers, and being isolated from family members, or even coming to terms with losing loved ones.
As children have returned to school and the sense of normality returning for them, it maybe all a scary prospect if the school has been hit by an outbreak and potentially faced with another closure.
As lockdown and restrictions are constantly being reviewing by the Government, changes may be put in place that affect our Children and Young People once again.
What can we do to reduce the impacts of lockdown on the mental health of children and young people?
Below are a variety of resources, articles and websites that may be useful.
- Mental Health Foundation Article
- BBC Article – Coronavirus: Child psychologists highlight mental health risks of lockdown
- BBC Own It Article – Look after your child’s mental health in lockdown
- NHS Website – Looking after a child or young person’s mental health
- Rehab Recovery – Treatment and healthcare advice regarding a wide range of addiction and dependency problems such as behavioural and process addictions