This CPD Accredited E-Learning programme is a Safeguarding Children Awareness Course (formerly referred to as Levels 1/2). This is an online safeguarding training course.
Duration – 2-3 Hours
Next Course Date – On Demand
Course Aimed at – Anyone working with children
Cost – £15 per person (+ VAT)
Group Discounted Prices:
2-9 x Delegates @ £12.50 p.p (+ VAT)
10-49 x Delegates @ £10.00 p.p (+ VAT)
50-99 x Delegates @ £7.50 p.p (+ VAT)
100 + Delegates @ £5.00 p.p (+ VAT)
- Understand what Safeguarding Children means and the key differences between Safeguarding Children and Child Protection
- To be able to identify the Categories of Abuse and the indicators of child abuse
- To learn about the appropriate responses when you have concerns about a child and how to record them
- To be confident on how to report concerns and the role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Online Safeguarding Training
- Follows www.gov.uk guidance
- To understand our responsibilities regarding the need to review the circumstances after a report has been made to ensure the ongoing safety of the child
- Understand the importance of keeping the child in focus when making decisions about them and their families, ensuring our approach is Child Centred
- Be aware of the need to think about the whole family when a safeguarding concern is recognised
- Understand the legislation and guidance framework for the care and protection of children, and the principles of the Assessment Framework
Formerly Levels 1 & 2, the levels have been combined for cost effectiveness while maintaining appropriate competency standards. All adults who come into contact with children in a professional or volunteer capacity must demonstrate competence at this level.
A CPD certificate is issued after successfully completing this course.
The aim of this course is to provide an awareness of child Safeguarding and confidence to report matters through identified routes. It centres upon the Safeguarding areas of recognising, responding, recording, reporting and reviewing.
In addition, you will learn about the importance of protecting the rights of children and how critical partnership working is.