This two-day course is for Managers, Professional Advisors, Named Safeguarding Leads, Designated Safeguarding Leads, Designated Officers for Child Protection, Operational Managers who have a responsibility for Safeguarding in their organisation. This safeguarding training course includes Level 5 for Health.
Delegates who successfully complete this course and wish to cover Adult Safeguarding can also attend the ‘Safeguarding Adult Managers (Level 5)‘.
Duration – 2 Days (09.30AM – 16.30PM)
Next Course Date –
SEPTEMBER – 21st & 22nd September 2021
NOVEMBER – 2nd & 3rd November 2021
Course Aimed at – Managers and Designated Safeguarding Leads
Cost – £375 per person (+ VAT)
This course can be delivered as a Workshop, Classroom style or Virtual Live Online Training
- To understand the importance of updating policy, engaging in audit and undertaking training need analysis
- Be aware of the new Multi-agency Safeguard Arrangements and significant changes outlined in Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
- Understand the impact of thresholds on safeguarding activity in agencies and organisations
- To review the meaning of Contextual Safeguarding and Adverse Childhood Experiences
- To learn about the prevalence of abuse and the purpose of Joint Strategic Need Assessments
- The importance of effective Supervision, Management Oversight and Support
- Level 5 Safeguarding Training
- Understanding Safeguarding Practice and the new process of Child Safeguard Practice Reviews
- Demonstrate how information sharing is key to safeguarding and the impact of new legislation
- Understand the escalation process and how to use it to manage disagreements or conflict between organisations
- Be able to manage allegations against the workforce and identify the local protocol
- Be able to recognise how agencies must work together to assess, identify review and meet the needs of the children where there are safeguarding concerns
- Increase awareness around Identifying, managing and defending risk and how this can help when overseeing, supervising and assessing the competency of staff including the importance of reflective supervision
- To understand what constitutes a complex child abuse investigation and the structures and functions
An accredited two-day training course to provide managers with an understanding of their roles and responsibilities when managing staff who have a responsibility for safeguarding children.
The training is designed for professional advisors, named, nominated and designated officers for child protection, and their deputies, in all services. Operational managers, including practice supervisors, front line and operational managers.